Project Name: “Measures to curb the Japanese Encephalitis (JE) and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) in the target Districts of Kushinagar (Uttar Pradesh)”
To make efforts for proper remedial approaches in preventing encephalitis through effective participation of community, PRIs and other key stakeholders in the districts of eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- To enhance systems and institutional capabilities through advocacy and promote awareness on remedial measures for Japanese encephalitis.
- To monitor the functioning of ICDS to ensure the supplementary nutrition for the children as a measure.
- To enhance their immune system, as well as increasing the access to the vaccination against JE virus.
- To ensure proper behavioural changes among household and individuals that directly and indirectly improves child health care practices.
- Building broad base linkages with state level networks/ CSOs working on advocacy and lobbying on encephalitis issues. Minimize the JE/AES disease through the sensitization of community.
- Capacity building through the awareness.
- Dissemination through the IEC, puppet show/ Nukkad Natak.
- Rapport building meetings with community and other stakeholders.
- Rapid Assessment (RA) at Gram Panchayats level to generate baseline information both in qualitative and quantitative. It would be an input document for strategizing our encephalitis intervention. It will provide the current status of perception, behavioural practices and knowledge prevalent in community both positive and negative. MIS for rapid assessment would be developing in consultation with medical college Gorakhpur.
- Sharing of RA findings with community and stakeholders.
- Community mobilization and awareness activities like puppet shows/Nukkad natak, Wall writings on Encephalitis issues.
- Household empowerment in terms of awareness on remedial measures by promoting health and hygiene issues, awareness on Government schemes on Health issues, behavioural changes.
- Awareness, system strengthening (ANMs, ASHAs, AWW) linkages and advocacy activities (DHS, Panchayati Raj Department, intellectual group& leaders).
- Establishment of referral centers in project area.
- Capacity building of Staff Monitoring and Evaluation Documentation
- SKVS Participation & Support in NCPCR Public Hearing in Medical College Gorakhpur (11th & 12th Sep 2013)
- SKVS has been successful in giving the compensation made to give for JE/AES affected families due to the fine cooperation & support of DM Kushinagar.